Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Willing to give it a try

I have a great friend that always has fun and sometimes wacky ideas.  I'm always a bit hesitant to say yes, but I'm always glad when I do.  It's because of her that I did my first musical.  Then we did some ballroom classes, and now, of all things, I'm taking a ballet class!  You can laugh.  It's funny.  But even better is that it's fun.

I don't know why I'm always so hesitant to try new things.  I worry too much about making a fool of myself.  The questions is why?  Who cares if I look silly while trying to do a "demi plie" or my "port de bras" isn't quite right?  That's the point of trying.  You won't learn if you don't try.

I'll probably not be the next star in "Swan Lake", but I'll get in some exercise, some laughs and maybe, just maybe learn to be a little bit graceful.  It will probably help my dancing skills for whatever musical comes my way next.

I've got to be willing to give it a try or I'll never know if I like it or don't like it.  I'll just be making assumptions.  And you know what they say about assuming things...

New ballet shoes!

3 comments:

  1. Dancing is the real thing! go Stacy I know you are always good at things you are determined to do.Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, me, under the Space Needle. Graceful and poised :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya. It was the beginning of my training for greatness...

      Delete