Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sitting in a Mud Puddle

It's so nice to know that I have a friend who will sit in a mud puddle with me.

I have a friend that I can be really open with. She, in turn, can be really open with me. Sometimes, she lets me help her carry her burdens and afterwards asks me why I'm her friend. I tell her it's because we all have messes...she says hers are bigger. I tell her it doesn't matter that my mess is a pond and her mess is a lake. It's still a mess.

I'm just glad that when I sit in my mud puddle, she joins me. It's so much easier when someone will sort through the mud with you. Somewhere in the mud, there is a gem.

And...for your amusement...a little poem about mud puddles (written by Dennis Lee)

I am sitting in the middle of a rather muddy puddle
With my bottom full of bubbles and my rubbers full of mud

While my jacket and my sweater go on slowly getting wetter
As I very slowly settle to the bottom of the mud

And I find that what a person with a puddle 'round his middle
Thinks of mostly in the muddle is the muddiness...OF MUD!!

3 comments:

  1. bottom full of bubbles you say? guess you shouldn't have eaten that burrito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, you crack me up.

    Lynette...I. Love. You. Too.

    ReplyDelete