Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh my soul...

I have been on the road for 10 days and I'm enjoying it so much. Tomorrow, I leave for Uganda and when I get back, I'll be on the road for 10 months! I hope that after a few months I still enjoy it as much as I do now.

I'm excited, nervous and a bit apprehensive to be going to Uganda. I will be travelling on my own, but I think that will be fine. I have a few extra suitcases to take because I'm taking all my children's sweatshirts! Makes it seem so real to have their stuff in my possession.

I love the children of Choir 32 and am sad to leave them. I have also made some great friendships with the other chaperones and I will miss being with them. I hope that I will be able to connect with my own team that way that I have with this team.

A few of my favourite things - "oh my soul", hugs every morning, hugs every night, worship in devotions with the children, Peace singing "You are my shepherd", late night snacks with Auntie Laura, and Gilbert Big's facial expressions.

One part of this journey is ending, the next part is beginning. Praise God from whom all blessings flow - even the ones that you have to leave behind.

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to read your stories. safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww- I'm eating with Ang in bed and it's midnight and we are eating everything cheese! Hope you had a great flight- love you and miss you here!

    ReplyDelete