Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Love much, hurt deeply

*I promise that a post is coming about my time in Uganda. I am still processing. This is an update on the days since I have been back*

I arrived home from Uganda without my bag and without an American Visa. We were supposed to have one night in Canada and then the three Canadians were going to head down to the US on Saturday. No such luck. The American Chaperones ended up joining us here in Langley and we did our training at the home of the Volunteer co-ordinator for the ACC. No big deal, training can happen anywhere. So, now it has been 3 days and still no Visas. I am hanging out at the Music for Life office, hoping and praying that they will be approved soon.

The hardest part about this is knowing that I will most likely not get to meet my babies at the airport. I fell in love with the children from my choir during my time in Uganda and knowing that they will arrive there without me to greet them is so hard. It is hard to believe that as Canadians, we are having a harder time with the Visa application process than 13 Ugandans and 12 Kenyans. So much for neighbourly love.

It is very much a guessing game as to when/if the Visas will come. I am trying to remember that God's timing is so much greater than mine, but right now my heart is very sad that I may miss out on the next few days with the children and the rest of our chaperone team. This week of training was great, but we were still without our 2 African chaperones and Auntie Stacie who will be joining us for the next month. It may be at least a week before we become a complete team - and that is even a bit optimistic.

I am praying that God works it out knowing that he could make this miracle happen, yet asking him to help me recognize that this is out of my control and should his answer be "no", that I will take it with the love and grace in which he sends it.

I loved much. I hurt deeply. 10 months with the children is still ahead, but I feel like I'll be missing out on the beginning. I like beginnings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Stacy, I feel for you.
    I'm so glad that you blog... I feel like I know you in such a better way.

    My heart breaks for you as you wait... but I know this will happen for you.

    Lots of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete