Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stuck in BC

So, things have not been going as planned. BUT, I'm learning to take each day as it comes.

I have been stranded in British Columbia for a week and one day. At first, it was so frustrating and I felt so angry, but as the week has progressed, I have discovered that I am feeling rested and blessed.

I have spent a few days at the Music for Life/African Children's Choir office. I'm getting to know the people who really work behind the scenes to make this ministry possible. I have taken over Dave's old cubicle and done some work, but mostly I have done whatever Mike needs me to do. It's been fun.

At first, I felt like a huge inconvenience. I don't know anyone in this area of BC, so staff from the office have been taking care of me. It has been hard to be so dependent, but I've been so blessed. I've stayed with 2 different families from the office and I've made some wonderful friends. Hanging out with Rhonda has been so much fun. They've also given me freedom and space, things that I really need.
Langley is a beautiful place and in reality, I could be stranded in a much worse place :) It's not home, but it feels comfortable and I really am enjoying being here.

This morning at church, the pastor spoke on being in exile and I leaned over to Rhonda and said that is how I feel. He talked about how when we are in exile, we shouldn't be praying to get out, but praying into our situation. I have not been praying for that. I want out, but really, I should be asking God to show me what he wants me to learn from this experience.

So, although I would love to be in the States with my choir and the other chaperones, I am thankful for this time that God has given me. I am blessed in the midst of the storm.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking hanging out at people's homes whom you don't know, is good practice for tour:) Still praying that you guys will get to be on tour soon.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you friend! And..I am slightly jealous that you get to spend so much time with Mike and the people in the office. I love them and wish I could see them more in person. Enjoy it while you can! I'm going to go text you now...cause I can :)

    Love ya,
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stoked that you are finally with your beautiful kids! I pray that this will be a great experience for you ... I'm sure it will be!

    I understand your feelings on Africa entirely ... I've had it on my heart for over 6 years now, and am still processing everything. All I really know is that I love it there!

    Blessings as you start your journey with this choir!

    ReplyDelete