Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tackles and Trucks

We had the best playtime today with the children. My host has a great big backyard and had all the host families over for a bbq. I played so hard, I got grass stains on my jeans and even on my elbows. It was the best kind of playtime. A lot of really soft grass, basketball nets, and a jungle gym - and nowhere for the children to go. Not once did I stop to count to see if they were all there. I just played. We wrestled, tackled and did cart wheels, played chase and trucks. I asked Reagan if he had a good time and he looked up at me with his chubby cheeks and big smile and said, "yes, Auntie. I played trucks from the start to the finish." That was almost 90 minutes of dump truck time. We don't get that very often. I think that was just what we needed. I'm even just a little bit sore from all the wrestling, but that's alright. It's a good reminder of a good day and why I need to do it more often.

1 comment:

  1. My heart sang and my smile was huge when I read this. I love hearing what my tour family is doing and in my head I could see all of the joy on each one's face. This was so good for you! What a wondeful blessing!
    oxiag

    ReplyDelete