Friday, March 19, 2010

Plans in their hearts

Every night, Harriet and I give a speech to the audience of people who come to see our choir's performance. At the end of the speech, Harriet tells the people that we would like them to meet our children by name and hear the plans that are inside their hearts and not only hear them, but believe with us that God has placed them there. The children join us on stage as she says those words and although I hear them every night, it wasn't until a few nights ago that they really hit my heart. As Faith and Brian led the choir up on stage, I looked at Faith and realized that in her heart, God has a plan. Right now, she wants to be a musician. Maybe that's what she'll be, maybe God will develop something else, something that is deeper in her heart than she realizes yet, but in her heart is a God-breathed plan, a dream. My call for this year is to help my children see that God has a plan for their lives and to give them some tools to help that dream become a reality. That realization gives me more that just a warm feeling - it gives me a purpose. God's plan for me right now is to love those children, help them to discover their potential, and give them some resources to draw from as they grow and learn. Such a remarkable challenge, but such a beautiful gift.

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, These kind of thoughts make me so excited! It makes me feel like there is a Surprise waiting to happen because I know that in these kind of thoughts God is giving us a bigger picture and showing us a glimpse of HIS plan. It's really a beautiful thing. I love hearing your heart. Don't stop sharing. please. :)

    ReplyDelete