Sunday, August 29, 2010

I wish...

I wish that life was fair.

I wish that life was balanced.

I wish that I understood the small things.

I wish that I could tell my mind to stop thinking long enough for sleep.

I wish that my children would know they are loved. By me.


I wish that I would know my children love. Love me.


I wish that the world was just a little bit smaller.


I wish that the world was just a little bit bigger.


I wish that I understood the generosity of many.


I wish that I understood the ignorance of few.


I wish that I could glimpse the future.


I wish that I could change the past.


I wish that love wasn't so elusive.


I wish that hope would be longer felt.


I wish that joy could be everlasting.


I wish that emotions could be more controlled.


I wish that I could be more understanding.


I wish that communication wasn't so demanding.


I wish that understanding wasn't so hard.


I wish that forgetting could be easier.


I wish that remembering could be longer.


I wish that endings didn't happen, but that beginnings still came.




I wish, I wish, I wish...

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend, the ironies of life, the longings of our hearts, the beauty and pain and joy and frustration of tour. So many of these wishes pour from my soul as well. I wish we could sit for a cup of tea and chat for hours on end :) Maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well "wished" my friend, I'm sitting beside you wishing the same things. :)

    ReplyDelete