Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Please winter, go away!

Two years ago, I posted an "Ode to an April Snow Day" here.  I think I forgot that the snow lasted so long because last year spring was glorious.

A friend of mine wrote on her facebook that we should be looking for Narnia's White Witch as it seems she has taken over Saskatchewan.  We've set record snow falls this year and for the last two days have broken records for the coldest night.  Isn't that wonderful?  Oh right, no, it isn't.  But, there is a bright side...

Thank you, Eeyore, for reminding me that it could be worse.

This is what happens when it is melting and freezing at the same time and your rain gutter gets packed with ice...



The really big one finally fell off. I'm sad I didn't get his picture. His name was Frank. I broke the rest of them off today with my shovel. They'll be back tomorrow. Sigh. Please winter, go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment