Saturday, January 4, 2014

Wishes

Periodically I like to go back and look at my blog posts - sometimes I forget what I've written and as I'm on holidays, today seemed like a good day to do it.  I read a blog I wrote from tour and realized how true it still is.  So many wishes.  Today, it is 3 years since I moved back into my house.  When I wrote the previous post, I had 3 months left of tour.  Funny how the circumstances change, but the wishes do not.  Funny how in 2010, I was wishing that my brain would shut down enough for sleep and I'm still wishing that in 2014...I'm thinking I may be stuck wishing for that one to happen.  These are still my wishes for a new year, new season, fresh journey.

Here it is, exactly as I wrote it on August 29, 2010.

I wish that life was fair.

I wish that life was balanced.

I wish that I understood the small things.

I wish that I could tell my mind to stop thinking long enough for sleep.

I wish that my children would know they are loved. By me.


I wish that I would know my children love. Love me.


I wish that the world was just a little bit smaller.


I wish that the world was just a little bit bigger.


I wish that I understood the generosity of many.


I wish that I understood the ignorance of few.


I wish that I could glimpse the future.


I wish that I could change the past.


I wish that love wasn't so elusive.


I wish that hope would be longer felt.


I wish that joy could be everlasting.


I wish that emotions could be more controlled.


I wish that I could be more understanding.


I wish that communication wasn't so demanding.


I wish that understanding wasn't so hard.


I wish that forgetting could be easier.


I wish that remembering could be longer.


I wish that endings didn't happen, but that beginnings still came.

No comments:

Post a Comment