Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 - A Year in Review

I said to a friend today that I was glad 2015 was over.  It was a hard year. However, as I was sitting here tonight, I realized just how many wonderful things happened this past year that were overshadowed by one really crappy situation.  I've decided I need to look more for the good things and focus less on the bad.  I learned some great lessons from that bad situation, tough as it was, but there were some awesome things that happened this year of which I need to be mindful.  I'm writing them down so that when things are tough, I can remember how good this year actually was.
  • I got accepted for my masters in Choral Conducting.
  • I got 87% on my first class back to university in 10 years.
  • I volunteered for the Scotties Tournament of Hearts (so awesome!!)
  • I got to play an awesome role in a musical.  Logainne Schwartzandgrubinere was a breakthrough part for me, where I really found my acting skills. It was so much fun to have a lead part.
  • I ran a personal best in a half marathon.
  • I did a triathalon.
  • I got to see my grandma, auntie, uncle, and cousin on a layover in Toronto.
  • I went to Kenya, saw some of my awesome children, kissed a giraffe, drank lots of Stoney, and had the best Malindi Chai.
  • I had a wonderful layover in Amsterdam and learned how to really be a traveler.
  • I got upgraded to first class :)
  • I sang at one of my dearest friend's weddings.
  • I got to spend some quality time with Kelly twice before she went back to the mission field.
  • I started directing a fantastic women's choir where they remind me each rehearsal of why I love choral ensembles so much.
  • I joined a 10 piece a cappella chamber group.
  • I found a new church where I feel completely at home.
  • I had a super awesome intern who has become a wonderful friend.
  • Kaia came home.
  • I booked a trip to England for an amazing price.
  • I went on a roadtrip with my girlfriends.
  • I deepened many friendships and was blessed by those who stuck with me even when I was living in seclusion.
The list could go on, but these are a good reminder to me to look at the positive.  Here's to a new year, with new goals to be mindful. Thanks to Melissa for the reminder.

Happy new year, my friends!


1 comment:

  1. ♡♡♡ that's great! I also hated 2015, perhaps I should write a list of the good things that happened. Then I wouldn't hate it so much.

    ReplyDelete