Saturday, May 24, 2008

Seussical


For the past three months, I have done something I never before thought I'd do...I was in a musical. AND it was soooo much fun. I've learned so much about myself, made new friends, discovered a talent I didn't know I had, dressed up like a bird, danced, and I'm sure there are more, but that's enough.


The show was called "Seussical" and is based on stories by Dr. Seuss. I was part of the bird girls, noted in the script as "a flamboyant bird group". The plot has two story lines (kind of). There is the story of Horton who is trying to save the tiniest planet of Who and his little friend JoJo, and there is the story of Gertrude loves Horton, but he just doesn't notice her...of course he does in the end! What kind of story would it be if Horton and Gertrude didn't fall in love in the end?!


I seem to be a bit sentimental lately, but this musical has shown me some things about myself and has actually taught me a lesson through the somewhat bizarre plot. I will share that another day. Right now, it is rumbling around in my head.


Off to the second last show I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment