Thursday, February 12, 2009

Resting in God's Sovereignty

I've been reminded lately about the sovereignty of God. It's so much bigger than I can really fathom and so much wider than I can grasp and yet, I find it so comforting to know. God is sovereign. His sovereignty extends beyond my limited understanding to cover all things.


God is sovereign in my joy. He is sovereign in my weakness. He is sovereign over death. He is sovereign over my singleness. He is sovereign over my loneliness. He is sovereign when I feel insignificant and he is sovereign when I feel overwhelmed. He is sovereign when I think I have control of my life and he is sovereign when it feels like it is spinning out of control.


He is sovereign over Heaven and he is sovereign over earth. He is the ruler over all things.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment