Monday, May 11, 2009

Hurry up! Slow down!

I want time to move quickly because I can't wait for this journey with the African Children's Choir to begin and yet, I want it to slow down so that I can cherish some of the new blessings in my life that will be put on hold. There is a bit of a tug-of-war happening in my life.


It is interesting to be in a place of change that you know will not last forever. I have begun putting my house in order, deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. I will only be gone a year, so I don't want to get rid of a lot of things, but there are items in my home that I never use, so now would be a good time to purge. I don't own much in terms of monetary value, but much of what I own has sentimental value. What do I do with all that stuff?

The other area that has been difficult is friendships. I'm still forming so many great friendships and it's so hard to know that in a few months these new friendships that have blossomed will be put on hold. I worry that it will be hard to find those relationships again.

I'm really learning that even though change is good, change is not easy. Letting go is freeing, but it takes me time to get to the place to do it. I will and I can, but it is a process. A mix of emotions to go through, but I know that this is all part of the journey and all part of the lesson that God wants me to learn through it.

3 comments:

  1. Lots I can identify with here... we really need to do coffee soon. I was just telling Ariann tonight how I'm gonna miss you now that we've been hanging out more...
    let's plan for next week - I'm gonna need a Stacy chat!
    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am coming with the both of you for coffee. REAL Canadian coffee.

    I am gonna need a Stacy and Becca combo deal chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in...tell me when and I'll be there :)

    ReplyDelete