Saturday, May 2, 2009

Reality Hits

So, over the last few weeks, I've started to make plans for things happening in the future only to realize that I'm not going to be here. I mean, I know that I'm not going to be around for a year, but sometimes I forget.

Today, I went for a walk with Monique and we got talking about the Globe Theatre and next season's line-up. Peter Pan is coming and so is A Doll's House - both shows I'd like to see. "Let's go", we say. "Sounds great", I say. "Wait a second...I can't go". "Why not?", says Monique. "I won't be here"....oh ya.

I'm super excited about going with the African Children's Choir, but it still feels a bit like a dream. I don't think reality will really hit until I'm on a bus or on a plane. Or maybe when my house is rented and I don't have a car...ya, that might be it.

All good things, but all reminders that I'll be gone. Weird. Cool, but weird.

1 comment:

  1. You can stay at our house and borrow one of our many cars. Don't worry, we'll take care of you:)

    ReplyDelete