Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

It is strange to me to know what an end will be like when the I am really just at the beginning. Choir 32 is getting ready to wrap up their tour and soon the chaperones will be heading to their homes and the children will be returning to Africa. As I read their blogs and look at their pictures, I think about my brief time with them and I know that I was forever changed just from being a part of their lives for those 2 weeks. I think about how it must feel to be preparing to say good bye after over a year of touring as a family. And I realize that before I know it, my turn will come.

Tonight we are sleeping in a gym...everyone together in one big room. This is our first big sleepover. Amidst all the chaos and craziness of getting everyone showered and ready for bed, I realized that these opportunities are not going to be around forever and that I need to make the most of it. As I sit here writing, all my children are sleeping soundly in their sleeping bags, and soon the rest of the chaperones and I will join them. Before they went to bed, I got 23 hugs and when they wake up in the morning, I will get 23 more. I am reminding myself not to take those for granted, because in just a few months time, the reality of those hugs around my waist will only be a memory.

1 comment:

  1. Girl you are so right! It goes fast. Cherish each moment. The end will come soon and you don't want to have any regrets. Love you!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete