Sunday, November 15, 2009

29

Happy birthday to me :)

I've been fretting about turning 29. One year away from "...and holding". But, everyone that I've talked to says that the 30's are the best years. I don't know why and it seems neither do they, but I'm ready to find out.

So, here is a synopsis of my birthday on the road...

The night before, I went to sleep on an air mattress with sheets that said "happy birthday, Eeyore" - seemed fitting. In the morning, my host wrote Happy Birthday on my lunch bag and took a picture of me and the boys. They had big happy birthday hugs and sweet smiles to greet me with when I woke them up. When we arrived at the church, the children had big hugs and a surprise for me. Chelsea had them all make me a card and when we were on the bus and ready to go, they sang me Happy Birthday and held up all their cards and a big poster that said Happy Birthday. My cards are so sweet. I am blessed to have 23 beautiful children who love to draw! Chelsea and Alesha gave me a beautiful bracelet and funny "mom" calendar, so along with my package from Ang and Laura, I was spoiled beyond belief.

That evening at the church, the pastor found out that it was my birthday and had the audience sing Happy Birthday to me before I introduced the choir. I was both embarrassed and blessed. Then to top it off, in the second service, they did the same thing...ahahahaha. I had a fantastic couple as my host that evening and I was able to hangout with them and chat before heading up to bed. She had a little gift for me in my room and I felt so blessed.

The next morning, three of the girls had more birthday cards for me that they had drawn with their host (he was an artist). After supper at our next church, Alesha and Chelsea had a cake for me and another round of Happy Birthday from the audience followed at this church. Who knew a birthday could be so fun?! :)

Maybe 29 isn't so bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment