Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh Canada!

Well, we have returned to the true north (strong and free) and I'm so glad to be back in Canada! Today, I used my debit card, had a lovely cup of Tim Horton's Chai tea and a honey crueller, and saw the beautiful expanse of the Southern Alberta prairies. Yes, this Canadian prairie girl is glad to be back on Canadian soil.

There are a few things I will miss about America, though. I will miss Pandora. Such a shame that I can't make my own radio station in Canada. I love Pandora. If I want to listen to Jazz, I choose my jazz station. If I want to listen to Classical, I choose my classical station. If I don't like the song, I give it a thumbs down and it never plays again. Oh, the joy.

I will also miss Target. There is something very relaxing about a casual stroll through Target that you don't really get from Wal-Mart. That, and the clothes are nicer. I have such wonderful memories of random strolls through Target with Amy. Those were good times.
I'm glad to be back in the land of Celsius, kilometres and people who don't think I pronounce "about" funny. Really people...you aren't original. I am looking forward to seeing people I love in Alberta and BC, driving through the Canadian Rockies (which, in my humble opinion are much more majestic than the US Rockies), using my Canadian cell phone, and having pretty money to spend :)

The border was so great today. We had a friendly border guard and immigration officer. We didn't have to unload every last piece of luggage and then have it scanned. The hardest part was filling out the declaration forms - and even that was a piece of cake. Oh Canada. You are good to me. I am glad to be home :)


5 comments:

  1. I do look forward to Tim's oh so very much, but HOLD the PHONE! Are there no Target's in Canada!?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to apologize for not giving you better warning. No, there are not Target's in Canada. It is a same really. But, Wal-Mart Canada is significantly nicer than Wal-Mart in the States...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made it here! You're just in time for a beautiful wind/snow storm in Alberta! I can't wait to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...Target and Pandora (and Panera Bread) are the things that Laura always complains about missing the most. Of course we had to do all three when she came to visit. Can I still call on your American cell now that you are there. Cause I would love to hear your lovely voice :)

    love ya,
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! I think I need to count down the days till you get back!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete