Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home

Home is where the heart is. Is that true? Can the heart be in more than one place at the same time? Home is a debatable term, one that can hold many definitions, emotions, connections...

Having been "home" on vacation has made me miss my other "home". The bus and all the people that I currently spend every day with have become my home and yet being in Regina made me realize that I miss that home as well. I loved being with my family and friends, going to church, meeting with Pastor Dave, driving my car, but at the same time, I missed sitting on the bus squished in between two kids reading a book, laughing with Amy after sound check, hugs from Chelsea and a host of other daily routines that have become my normal life.

As we were driving away from our church this morning, I was sitting in my seat on the bus, and I turned to Vic and said that it was good to be home. Right now, at this moment of my life, Village 3 is home. It's the place that feels comfortable, right. It's the place I want to be when I curl up to read a book or when I need a moment of solitude. It is also the place where I feel surrounded by love and laughter, hopes and dreams, chaos and moments of confusion - all the emotions of life that we feel at home. A wonderful blend of growth and stability. Tour life is not perfect, but it is fulfilling, challenging, rewarding.

I'm so glad that I'm home.

3 comments:

  1. may sound strange - but I get it... Love you and am so glad you are where God has placed you and that in that you've found such contentment and freedom. -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. O man Stace-this made me cry! I miss having Village 3 as my home!!! I wish I were squished in between two kids reading a book right now and singing and dancing with everyone. Say hello to my old "home" for me :)

    I look forward to talking to you soon.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me into your home and to meet your family.

    ReplyDelete