Friday, June 3, 2011

Longing...

I wish that flying wasn't so expensive or that I was independently wealthy or that I bought lottery tickets and won a million dollars.  Then, I could hop on a plane anytime I wanted to go and see my kids.  I talked to my Kenyan kids on the phone today.  They sound so happy and full of life.  They love school and the fact that they get to go swimming. 

I talked to Deborah and I sent her a "kiss" over Skype and she just started cackling.  The laugh that I always hear in my head when I think of her.  I'm so glad I got to hear it for real.  How I miss that girl.  She told me her hair is long and that her sister had a baby and that she likes the house she lives in at school and that she came in first place in cross country.  Then she told me she misses me and loves me.  Then she asked when I was going to come to Kenya.  Someday, someday.  That was all I could tell her.  I don't know when, I just know someday.

Those children will always be in my heart.  My, how I long for a hug from them, to sit close and read a book, to hear them sing.

I'm longing for just a little bit more time with each one of them. 

3 comments: