Saturday, December 7, 2013

An Emotional Blizzard

I wish to have a switch that I could use to turn off my emotions whenever I have need of a moments break from all the things twisting around in my head and my heart.  Emotions are a tricky part of life and lately mine have been swirling around like a cold Saskatchewan blizzard with a ferocious wind.  And just as I would like a break from the Saskatchewan cold, I would like a break from them.  The problem is that you can't jump on a plane to a tropical vacation spot to get away from them.  You have to plow through them and hope that your snow tires have enough traction to move you through the drift.

I don't know how to reign in these matters of the heart.  At what point do you finally say to yourself, enough is enough?  Is it possible to be stronger than the pull your emotions put you through to finally get to the other side? What if the problem is more so that you don't want to fight the emotion but you just want to give in to it?  Then what?  Then you've got a big problem...that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment