Saturday, January 15, 2011

A day of amusement

The other day I was finally motivated enough to get all my errands done even though it was still bitterly cold out. My first funny moment was my conversation with the lady who took my donations at Value Village. As I brought her my boxes, we chatted about the weather and how it didn't seem quite so cold outside. Yes, we both agreed that it was significantly warmer out than the day before. After about 4 minutes of weather chit chat, I got back in my car and started driving to the mall. The weather came on the radio - would you know that it was -31 with the wind chill? I started laughing - weather is so relative. -31 seemed so much warmer than -39. Practically t-shirt weather.

When I got to the mall, I went first to the recycling blue bin to put in all my boxes. Out in the open parking lot, -31 didn't seem all that warm. I almost decapitated myself when the box caught on the bin as I was trying to shove them in and proceeded to drop all the boxes on the snowy ground. BLAST!!

Having finally accomplished my recycling goal, I went into the mall to accomplish my buying jeans goal. I had held out buying jeans so I could go to Bluenotes. I used to love their jeans. I go in and stand before the wall of jeans. I read the labels from left to right. First column - jean leggings. Hmmm...no. Second column - extreme skinny jeans. Hmmmmm...no. Third column - skinny jeans. Hmmmmmmmmm....no. Fourth column - skinny flare. Hmmmmmmmm....no. Fifth column - low rise bootcut. Ah, finally, a pair that doesn't make me say no. I pull them off the shelf and to my dismay my only thought was....hmmmmm...NO! They were ripped all up and down the leg. Really?? Bluenotes?? Not one pair of jeans that I could possibly even try on? What happened to my wonderful jeans that I always wore? I ask the sales lady. She tells me they were discontinued like 2 years ago. I tell her I bought them in April, so that was obviously not quite the timeline. At any rate, no jeans for me. Shear disappointment. I go from store to store realizing that suddenly my options went from either skinny or skinny to waist-to-my-armpits. This was a serious crisis. Finally went to Ricki's. Found a perfect pair of jeans. Phew!

When I finished at the mall, I drove to see Lynette. Driving passed the animal clinic, I see a big sign that tells me animal chiropractic is now available. How on earth would you even know if your dog or cat or little hamster would even need to go to the chiropractor? Are they cracking their neck? Maybe they crack their paws? Wow. Animal chiropractors. I wonder how much that costs.

The last funny thing was the announcement of the possibility of a new astrology sign. Apparently the ones that people have been using for the last 3000 years are outdated...ahahhaha! I went from being a Scorpio to a Libra. A stinging beast to a lady of justice. Wow. Good thing I don't put any stock in that. What if I had been basing my whole life on being a Scorpio and really I wasn't one at all? Let me tell you...Jesus has been around longer than the signs and he is unchanging. From the time of prophecy to his coming to the years that have followed since he died and rose again. Jesus - the same yesterday, today and forever. Phew. I'm glad I put my hope in the one who is unchanging.

I am glad for days that make me smile. This day even made me laugh...outloud...to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment