Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Confessions of a Road Rage Queen...and Other Complaints

Fists clenched, jaw tight, heart pounding...words that rarely grace my mind come to the tip of my tongue...this is me driving in Calgary. I have determined that I can never live there. Besides construction, poor road signs, and endless hours of road to get from point A to point B are the stupid drivers that grace the streets of Calgary. It's amazing that so many of them can all live in one city. I don't drive often in large cities, but it makes me wonder if they are all this bad. Now, I recognize that street construction is a sign of new infrastructure and city growth, but every 2 km is a bit excessive! It makes me appreciate much more how easy it is to get around Regina. I couldn't wait to get back home to the "simple" Saskatchewan life!

Other complaints...I hate cell phones and texting. That is all I'm going to say about that.

On a happy note - I had a wonderful vacation visiting some friends in Alberta. I will put up with bad Calgary traffic just for them. I wish they lived closer so I could see them all the time. First I visited Glen and Colleen in Okotoks, stopped to see Leah in Calgary (we've been friends since high school, so that's a pretty special friendship) and then headed up to Sylvan to see Kelly. We had so much fun! I was sad to come home only for that reason.

Good friends are worth the road rage...someone should make that a bumper sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment