Friday, August 29, 2008

Having fun doing something "not so fun"!

I think I am superwoman...

I think I have the strength of 10 men...

Well, at least I did until yesterday. I decided that I wanted to switch the office and bedroom. For good reason - the room that I made into the bedroom doesn't have a window that opened and I was concerned for my safety.

I think to myself, I can move all the furniture - except the piano of course. I am amazing....

I am amazing, however, I am not strong enough to move two large bookshelves, my bed or even my dresser by myself. So what do you do in a situation like that when you are 1/8 of the way moved...you call for reinforcement!

I called Lynette and left her a message that went something like this..."Hi, would you like to do something not fun with me?! Call me!"

Funny thing - she did. I wouldn't have. I told her there was no worker's comp and if I had to drive her to the hospital that was like taking an ambulance, so don't get hurt. We had the most hilarious time. It took us an hour or so to move the piano. Several times we blocked ourselves into the room and one of us ended up climbing over the piano to get out.

After we finally got the piano moved, we moved one bookshelf and I needed a break. We tried to move the second, but my arms felt like jelly and I was laughing so hard that I couldn't do anything.

Ah, good times. Sometimes it's better not to be superwoman and to have fun with a friend instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment