Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another "Chapter" Closed

I've had a lot of part-time jobs. This one was my second favourite...only next to Blessings and considering the sameness of duties, it isn't really fair to say I like one more than the other.

I left work today at 2:05 pm for the last time. I'll miss it. I love the atmosphere of Chapters. It isn't pushy, the music is nice, I am surrounded by books. The people I worked with were great. The managers were awesome and the floor staff was very helpful and friendly. I didn't want to be done, but sometimes life makes choices for us.

I am tired. Working two jobs is not as easy as one would like to think. Some days, I would teach at 7:30 in the morning and work until 10:30 at night. Or I'd work until 10:30 at night and be up to teach at 7:30 in the morning. It got to be a bit overwhelming.

They want me back. That's a good sign. I must have done a good job. If time allows this spring, I'll go back and I'll be happy about it. I shall miss my 30% discount!

Where one chapter ends, another begins. So it shall be, even though this Chapter has a bittersweet ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment