Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Power of Conviction

I have been convicted this Christmas season...why you ask? It has nothing to do with spending or needing to be more focused on Christ. It has everything to do with eating. My new motto is "Christmas is not an excuse to overeat". In the past, I have allowed the season to dictate my eating habits, but no more. I have really been convicted of this. Food is my drug of choice. It is a neccessity that has become an addiction.

I have discovered that I rank sin. No really. I think overeating is a much lesser sin than say, I don't know, stealing $50k or killing your neighbour. The Bible doesn't rank sin, it tells us we all sin, regardless of what that sin may look like.

So, I have been convicted and it has been a good reminder. I have not gained a single pound this Christmas. In fact, I have lost a couple! Yay Me!

Christmas is not about the food. It is about the Saviour. What better focus could there be than that?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Stacy. What great will power! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monique! I've been pretty proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there with you Stacy. I have also LOST weight this season instead of shovelling everything in my face! Sure makes you feel better too!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete