Sunday, December 14, 2008

Confidence

I wish I had the same confidence in all areas of my life as I have when I step in front of a choir. I'm good at what I do - and I know it. Not to be conceited or proud...that's not what I mean. But I can be myself in front of a choir and have expectations because I have the confidence to make it happen.

I don't have that degree of confidence anywhere else. I wish I could be as open and conversational when I meet new people. I clam up and wonder what on earth to talk about.

I wish I had more confidence to talk to guys. Doesn't matter who the guy is, I get all tongue-tied and stupid. It's ridiculous really.

I wish I was that confident when I talk about my faith. My relationship with Christ is so important and yet I'm very shy when it comes to speaking about it.

I wish I was as confident when it came to playing the piano or solo singing. I'm also good at that, but I am also a bundle of nerves.

I don't know where the confidence comes from when I step before a choir. I do things that I would never do in any other situation. I make jokes and I make demands. I expect results.

I want to transfer some of that confidence into other areas of my life. I'm just not sure how to make that happen.

4 comments:

  1. Wear "the brooch" 24-7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try singing "I have confidence" from The Sound of Music.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I make jokes and I make demands. I expect results"

    I am going to remember this quote of yours, because it is simply awesome.

    Was trying to picture myself saying this to the preschoolers before they sing their little ditty for the Christmas program tomorrow. Not sure how well it would go over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the brooch and "I have confidence" together will give me the power! That and imagining Kelly giving her preschoolers a pep talk :)

    ReplyDelete