Monday, March 7, 2011

And so it goes...

It is amazing how quickly one can slip back into a past life and feel so normal - especially when the current situation still feels a bit foreign.  I loved being with Choir 37 this weekend.  It was so wonderful to be with Chelsea and Laura, to see Reagan and Jonah and to meet their new friends.  The children of Choir 37 are so loving and I soaked up as many hugs as possible.  Little Joshua gave the best hugs of all and was quite willing to give them.

Working with Chels at the product table felt so natural.  I felt right at home answering people's questions and giving them suggestions - I guess after 15 months, it makes sense that I would feel at home.

It did my heart a world of good to see my boys.  They didn't know I was coming and their reactions were simply priceless.  My Reagan held on tight and squeezed me for all he was worth.  It was wonderful to know that in his heart, I hadn't yet been replaced.  Jonah had a huge smile and yelled, YAY, while he ran at me for a hug.  I was grateful to spend 2 nights with the boys at host families (who were gracious and so welcoming to the "visitor").  I got lots of quality time with the boys and got to spend some time "remembering".

Reagan and Jonah
Quality time spent with Laura and Chelsea did my heart a world of good and reminded me that being intentional in these relationships will keep them close no matter where our crazy lives take us.  These friends are so dear to my heart and remind me that true friends are true, no matter what.

Leaving today has been hard.  But that is how life goes.  It moves on and we can't pause time, no matter how much we want to.  I am so grateful that I got to have this weekend to spend with my ACC family.

Choir 37
And so it goes...as Laura wrote in my card, the hurt goes as deep as the love.  Saying goodbye hurts because we love so much, but it also makes the time spent together that much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment