Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teaching is a funny thing

I got a job within my job today.  In 2 weeks, I'll become a full-time teacher again instead of a part-time teacher, part-time sub.  It seems that my teaching career is meant to start part way through.  I have never started a year at the beginning and completed it to the end.  I've had a million contracts, but never straight through.

You'll never guess what I'm teaching this time around....no, really...you'll never guess...go ahead...try.  Science.  Hahaha.  Science 09, to be exact.  I'm told that I will be fine from both the science teachers that I've talked to, so I figure it can't be that bad.  At least that's what I'm hoping for.  Added to the science is a Math 20 class.  I'm very excited to teach that.  I've taught Math 09 and Math 10 and I really enjoyed both of those, so I'm looking forward to teaching Math 20.  Whoo hoo!

Teaching is a funny thing.  I can't get a job that is consistent, but I've never gone without a job as a teacher.  Someday, I would like to have a classroom of my own, but for now I am simply grateful to have any classroom.  I am about to be a science teacher extraordinaire!  Who knows, maybe I'll love it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations friend!!!! How exciting! I want to hear more about all this :)

    ReplyDelete