Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lonely in Texas

This could be a new country song (or rock song for that matter, in case you haven't noticed the new trend in rock music for the songs to be about break-ups...but I digress).

Here I am in Texas, anticipating the joy of tomorrow and the fact that I can't wait to see Chelsea and Laura and yet I'm feeling so lonely all at the same time.  The last time I was here, I had my beautiful children and my chaperone friends at my side.  As I sit here in Starbucks, I can't help thinking about Alesha and Amy and all the running around we did.  I can still find my way around without the GPS, so that tells you it is still fresh in my mind.  I remember the kids building in the dirt and having playtime in the church parking lot.  I remember we had a group supper with our host families and we played a trick on Rogers with ice..ahahaha.  Auntie Beth had special cakes made for us. I remember that I met a family that used to live in Africa and knew about several different boarding schools.  I remember that Faith had on her pretty new skirt with her pink top and white sweater.  I remember that her and Amy matched.  I remember that there were a lot of ants.  I remember that Alesha and I stayed together with Ruthie, Pris and Charity.  I remember that Leash and I stayed up late watching a movie and she had a water mishap :).  I remember that I was frustrated with Rogers and that Amy and I found some random music and sang at the piano at the church for a while (and I remember the kids were surprised.  We should have done that more...again, I digress).  I remember that Amy and I walked to the post office and it was hot outside. I had my first McDonald's smoothie here in Texas...what a funny memory!  I also broke my camera here.  That was unfortunate.

It was a wonderful stay here in Texas.  I will try to remember those memories with happiness instead of loneliness.  

Playing in the dirt

Faith's pretty skirt

My kiddos on a cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment