Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 2 - December 4

Ode to the Found Feather Earring

You've been lost 100 times
And found 100 more
This time found beneath a shoe
Of one boy who also knew
His foot had stepped upon it
And he hid it from my eye
Then at the last moment
It appeared and I just sighed.
Welcome back, feather earring


The boys left this morning. Tears rolling down my cheeks, I said goodbye. Reagan gave me big hugs, cried the way he does and quietly walked to the car and got in. Jonah seemed ready for the adventure. He seemed excited for the plane ride. I hope that excitement continues. My heart is broken, knowing that they are close but still so far away. They have left a big hole. When I went up to their rooms this afternoon, I couldn't contain my tears. 2 empty bunks, 2 empty chairs. One more reminder of how quickly time is passing.

After the boys left, I decided that there was no point in going back to bed, so Amy and I went to finish the last of the suitcase shopping. At 6:30 in the morning, we rolled out of the driveway and hit up Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx, Payless, Old Navy, Kohl's and Ross. Somewhere in there, we went to Panera and treated ourselves to the most delicious bagel - the cinnamon crunch. Oh Panera, how I will miss you.

This afternoon it snowed - big beautiful, fluffy, wet snowflakes. Deborah, Faith and I took a lovely walk around the yard and had a chat before we got too cold. We came in and decided the children could watch some Christmas cartoons. Uncle Wallace and Auntie Pat came and made us the yummy chicken supper. It was a nice way to spend our last Saturday together.

I'm not ready for Monday. My room is a mess. The suitcases are done and ready to be loaded into the bus. There is a plan for the packing Monday morning. We are winding down as my emotions are winding up.

Strength for the next 2 days. That is all I'm asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment