Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 5 - December 1

December has hit and I'm finding the reality of the children leaving has really become real. The month is here. Monday is going to arrive so quickly and I'm still figuring out how to handle that.

My to-do list grows longer each minute and I seem to be adding more than I'm crossing out. We finished going through the children's suitcases today and they are awesome. The suitcase sponsor's did an amazing job of filling the suitcases and although the children don't recognize the blessing to its extent, I am amazed at how well they have been provided for.

Tonight, we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas, had a special cake made by Amy, then had a dance party to wrap up the evening. These special times are going to be what I remember about these last few weeks. Amy and I are watching Home Alone and writing cards to our kids. Even these moments with the other chaps are special and I am enjoying the time we get to spend.

My boy Reagan has been so loving these last few days. It is hard, yet wonderful to get so many hugs from my boy. I'm storing them in my heart for another day. Days when 20 hugs won't be possible. I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment