Sunday, December 19, 2010

Everything Changes

For every ending, there is a new beginning, but remember that with every beginning, there comes an end.

I realized that today as I thought back on the last few years of my life. Everything changes. Even the things we think remain the same, don't. If you stop to look closely, you'll see change - either for the better or the worse - but things really don't stay the same.

There is reality in the changes. For instance, I'm too old to go to the young adults group that Amy added me to in New York. I still think I'm young, but I'm not really. I'm 30. At some point in time, you go from being a young adult to simply being an adult. I saw my best friend get married in April and yesterday walked through her new home, hearing her dreams for the future. Such big changes from the girls that used to lie in bed and giggle for hours. We're not little girls anymore.

Everything changes. Even when I don't want it to, it changes. No matter how hard I try to hold on, you can't hold it back. It just makes the changes that much more difficult to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment