Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 6 - November 30

Ode to the feather earring...

I wasn't sure I loved you, until I wore you once
Then I loved you with my puffer vest and curly hair
I lost you once and found you, then lost you again and found you
But today I lost you and haven't found you yet.
Oh poor feather earring, I hope you haven't gone with the wind...

Today was the suitcase day and it was so fun!! The children were very excited to look at what arrived in their suitcase. We looked through more than half of the suitcases today and will finish them tomorrow. The suitcases are so well packed and thoughtfully put together. I'm so grateful to all the people who sponsored suitcases and put so much time and effort into them. They really are special for the children to take home with them. My parents' church sponsored 7 suitcases and it was so fun to see all the treasures in them today.

I'm not ready to say goodbye and although going through the suitcases helped to continue the process, it is still hard to believe how quickly the days are passing. Monday's drive will be here soon and I'll be saying goodbye.

I'm glad for the special day of giving them such a wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment