Friday, November 12, 2010

Choices

A few days ago, we drove through a city called Denton, TX. Several years ago, I applied to get my masters degree in Choral Conducting at the University of North Texas in Denton. Circumstances that happened caused me to not go, nor did I pursue any other school for a similar program. I made a choice and looking back, it all brought me to this place with the African Children's Choir. If I had done more schooling, I would have followed a path much different than this one.

Choices. Everyday we make them. Sometimes they are made for us. Sometimes we agree, other times we don't. Sometimes we have the power to change them; sometimes, no matter how much we disagree, there is no power in our opinion, no power to change the decision.

I find myself wondering how you get to the point where when a decision is made, you accept it and move on; that you don't allow yourself to become caught up in the decision that really wasn't yours to make in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. it's interesing how other people's decisions can affect us, even many years down the road...and we can look back and say "I didn't know...but God knew."

    ReplyDelete