Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 15 - November 21

Day 15. The meaning of countdown has changed since I've been on tour. A countdown is when you check to make sure all of your kids are together. Now a countdown is how many days are left...

Today was the first Sunday in a long time where we got to go to church. King's Park International Church is a huge supporter of the ACC and the reason that we have a place called Mirembe House. If it wasn't for this awesome church, these last few weeks of tour would be spent in a much different way. It was amazing to be in church today and to not only worship with other believers, but to be truly challenged by the message. Pastor Jim spoke on the life of Noah and the stages of a believer's life. First, you are behind God. In the first step, you are learning
to be obedient, submissive. As you move through that stage, you come to a point where God moves you from behind him to beside him, into friendship - a friendship that hears the heart of the other person. And then, you go before God as he sends you into your destiny, the place where he wants you to be.

This afternoon as I reflected on that, I was struck by the fact that in order for that relationship to happen, we must go through an element of change. Not easy change, but change that must be pushed through, worked out, and heart wrenching. As God brings us through the changes, we begin to hear his heart as he pulls us a little bit closer to his side into intimate friendship. As I shared in devotions with the children tonight, I talked about how each of us embraces change differently and as they look around at their aunties and u
ncles, they will see that each of us are coping with the changes we are facing in different ways. Amy, Alesha and I will be the criers, Mel will be the doer, Tony will be the one who quietly processes. It will take us all a different route to move up beside the Father, but he knows the best route and understands the way he has made us.

We had a quiet afternoon at the house. Faith and I played Scrabble - a game I am convinced she likes simply because I play it - and chatted about what is changing. When we finished our Scrabble game, we looked through some pictures and then sat on the couch for a few minutes. She said to me, "Auntie, I want to play soccer but I want to be near you". This girl knows me so well. I don't play soccer. As I sent her
on her way to play some soccer, I was touched by realizing that Faith's way of coping with change is going to be quality time. Time is truly the only thing I have to give her and I will give her as much as I can.



The days continue to move by at a rapid pace. As I finis
hed this week's schedule, I realized that I only have one more schedule to make. Time will be over before I know it.

Dear Lord, help me to move through this change the best way I know how. Give me the strength to give to these babies of mine what they need to embrace this change, too. Thank you for pulling me closer to your side as I learn to walk in submission. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. deBeautifully written and expressed. I love reading these daily countdown entries and I know they are helping you process. Been praying for you every day :)

    ReplyDelete