Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 17 - November 19

18 days to the end.

Wow.

My mind often finds its way back to the beginning and I wonder how 15 months has gone b
y so quickly. It has been wonderful to spend the last 3 days at our base house in North Carolina. Mirembe House. The place we longed for so many times on tour. The place we felt envy over everytime the other choirs got to go to Mirembe. House of Peace. And so it is. Amazingly peaceful. But, in the peacefulness, I find myself feeling the strain of saying good-bye. I find myself feeling the weight of letting go. I'm ready to go home, but I'm not ready to say good-bye. I'm ready to be in one place, but not ready to be in that place without my ACC family.



Tod
ay was a great day. I had a day off with Mel, Alesha and Tony. It started out with a massage (that was great even though it was painful...), lunch out at Red Robin, shopping, and more than that much laughter, good friends, and a little bit of quiet.



When we got back to the house, the best words ever were spoken. Deborah came to greet me and the first words she said were, "Auntie, where were you? I missed you", followed by a huge hug. Well, my dear girl, I missed you too. And I'm going to miss her more than I can even begin to tell her.



It's beginning. The tears without notice, the moments of lasts that I can't bear to let go of, hugs that I can't get enough of. I'm going to survive, but it's gonna take a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment