Saturday, November 6, 2010

One

Sitting in the quiet of a hotel room, I look over and sleeping soundly in the bed next to me are two very precious girls. As I look at them peacefully sleeping, I realize, yet again, how much I love these girls that God has placed in my care. Tonight as I hugged them goodnight, the older of the two held me tight around the neck and said how much she loved me. Then she squeezed with all her might. The younger one giggled, but didn't hold back her love either. As I tucked them in, we said our prayers and they both rolled over and in minutes, found their way to slumber. Tomorrow, when I wake them, I will get two more hugs, two more good mornings. 30 days from now, I will hug them one last time, wave as they go and cry just a little, even though I said I wouldn't. These beautiful girls...do they know how much I love them? Do they know that they will be missed? Do they know that this year with all its ups and downs has been wonderful simply because they were mine for just a little while?

Once, 10 became 12, 12 became 15, then 15 became 1.

One.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post Auntie Stacy. I hope your "one" is filled with many blessings and excitment and chance to savor those precious children.

    ReplyDelete