Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 11 - November 25

Happy Thanksgiving!

One year ago, Choir 35 was celebrating American Thanksgiving in Rancho Cucamonga, CA at Auntie Judy's house. This year, we are hanging out a Mirembe House and we were blessed by a wonderful family with a beautiful Thanksgiving meal. Tonight, we watched Ratatouille with the children and stayed up "late" - 1/2 hour past bedtime!

I am so thankful to have had another holiday celebration with my ACC family. It is these special days that will remain in my memory, much like our holiday from a year ago is still so vivid in my mind.

I am so thankful that I got 38 hugs (and then some) today. I'm thankful that my kids are so affectionate.

I am thankful that we had so many days at Mirembe to be together and to enjoy our time before we head back to our own countries. I know that heading back to Canada will be hard, but I'm also thankful to be going home, to be in one place for a while at least.

I'm thankful that even though there are only 10 days left, that each day, I make a few more memories, give a few more hugs, love a little more and learn a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment