Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 9 - November 27

I walked to the lake with Deborah and Reagan today. It was great. These two are children of my heart, the ones I've connected with in a different way than a lot of the other children.


Reagan is my boy. He's my
little man, the one who still wants to hold my hand and have 30 hugs but at the same time who is dreaming of being a pastor, who willing shares with the people around him and who would rather give than receive. Reagan listened to his CD player while we walked, singing quietly to himself, simply enjoying being included.

Deborah is the firecracker, the witty young woman who knows the value of a joke and is sarcastic beyond her years. She loves t
o have fun and is learning where the line between fun and disrespect happens. She's blossoming into an amazing girl, who will someday do great things with her helpful nature. Today we talked about best and worst moments of tour. She shared from her heart and I shared from mine. I loved chatting with her as we walked down the road to the lake. We had an amazing chat - maybe the best one we've had since she became so attached to me and I, attached to her.

These
little moments are becoming more and more precious. I am holding them close to my heart for I know that these moments will soon be over.

Time like this is made for cherishing.

2 comments:

  1. amen sister! I miss those walks to the lake so much. Cherish them for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a moment made for worshipping
    Cause this is a moment I'm alive
    And this is a moment I was made to sing
    A song of living sacrifice
    For every moment that I live and breathe
    This is a moment made for worshipping

    that is the song that your post reminded me of - beautiful moments to remember and worship for, but certainly moments of living sacrifice as you gently let go of something/someones so intensely close to your heart.

    Love you and thinking of you.
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete