Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 10 - November 26

A quiet day at Mirembe. The weather is starting to cool off, so playtime was spent indoors with a book, cuddled up with Deborah and Faith. David is here, Chelsea came back. It will be a weekend full of emotion.

I am realizing more and more that the hardest part of saying goodbye is the finality of goodbye. I am going to cease to be "auntie". Sometime ago, the children stopped saying Auntie Stacy and simply call me Auntie - unless of course there is another auntie around. I think the hardest part of turning the page is the changing of the role. When I left teaching and no one called me Miss Allan, it wasn't hard because I knew that Miss Allan would be back again someday. Auntie Stacy will always be part of me because I have my own nieces and nephew, but the context is so much different. In my everyday life for the last 15 months, I have been Auntie Stacy at all times. It will be such a swift change from Auntie Stacy to Stacy that I feel as though I'll be a little bit at a loss.

9 more days. The days are less than the number of fingers on my hands. I don't quite know how to deal with that yet. Still working through the goodbyes, until they come for one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment