Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 12 - November 24

Hugs.

I have a rule. I always get 2 hugs at bedtime. This makes things interesting now that we have been at the base house, but I still go up to say good-night and give my hugs, even though I get hugs at the end of devotions right before bed.

The boys have given me a new rule - 4 hugs at bedtime. Well, that's a good rule. It makes things a bit chaotic, but none the less, I only have 11 days left to get these hugs. Better get them now. I love good-nights. I love how they snuggle into their beds and smile up with trust in their eyes - they know now that they are loved and beyond anything else, they will leave here knowing that they are loved by me.

I will miss all those hugs, I am cherishing each one. I will give as many hugs as I can in the next 11 days. I will store them up for those moments at home when I'm pining for those little arms to hug my waist. I will store them up for those moments when I miss my special children, these children of my heart. I will store them up until the moment I go to Uganda and Kenya and get another hug or two from these precious ones that were mine for 15 months. Those hugs will change. By the time I see them again, the hugs won't be around my waist. I won't hold their little heads in my hand. They'll be bigger, more grown up, but I'll still cherish the hug. And no matter what, they will know that they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment